" electromagnetic-type sustainer
SEMI-INSTALL OPTION FOR MOST GUITAR TYPES: $75.00-85.00 We do 90% of the work. We supply a completely wired and TESTED set of electronics for your guitar, including Sustainiac circuit board and controls,
pickup selector, volume and tone controls. You simply remove all of your existing guitar cavity parts as a "glob", after disconnecting your output jack and pickups. You can then save this "glob" of parts to restore your guitar to its original condition if desired with only a small amount
of work. We can also do pickguard installations where the entire pickguard is wired and tested for about $100 as shown in the two following Strat photos.
Strat with Sustainiac toggle controls showing board
Strat with Sustainiac toggle controls, board removed
Ibanez Jem with Sustainiac toggle controls, front view
Ibanez Jem with Sustainiac toggle controls, rear view
Schecter Syn Custom with Sustainiac toggle controls
Schecter Syn Custom with Sustainiac push-pull controls
Schecter SYNYSTER GATES CUSTOM® Two-humbucker options: We supply a pre-wired option for $75 or $85.00. We do a lot of these. The guitar can have one of two different electronics cavities. You need to determine
which one your guitar has. Examine the following two drawings, and determine your type by measuring its length and width. SYN GATES CAVITY SMALL---- SYN GATES CAVITY LARGE
TOGGLE CONTROL OPTION $85.00: Most SYN CUSTOM owners prefer toggles. Toggle controls go in as shown on the two drawings. The tone pot can be either rewired to become a Sustainiac drive control, or can remain the tone control.
This can double as a push-pull bridge pickup coil tap, or a neck pickup boost/tone selector.
PUSH-PULL SYN CUSTOM OPTION $75: Sustainiac controls are push-pull. Volume control doubles as Sustainiac ON/OFF control. Tone control goes away, and is replaced by Sustainiac Harmonic Mode control.
Gibson Les Paul Option $80.00: Sustainiac controls are push-pull, and replace the neck pickup volume/tone controls. Neck volume control doubles as Sustainiac ON/OFF switch. Neck tone control goes away, and becomes Sustainiac
Harmonic Mode control. Bridge pickup tone control becomes MASTER tone control. (Optionally, you can make neck pickup volume control a MASTER volume, and retain neck and bridge pickup tone controls.) The Sustainiac board BARELY fits in the space between
the neck pickup and bridge pickup controls. You have to wire up the bridge ground, battery, output jack, and pickup selector switch. You use the existing selector switch wires without removing them from the switch.
GENERIC SEMI-INSTALL We can do a custom Semi-Installation for you. We have a catalog of many guitar model cavity drawings. If we don't have yours, you can make a custom drawing and email it to us.
- Draw your cavity outline on paper. CAVITY DRAWING
- You can use the cavity cover as a template to draw the cavity. CAVITY COVER
- Measure the cavity width, length, and hole spacings, also pickup selector. Show these dimensions accurately on your drawing.
- Label the drawing to show that it is the BACK SIDE of the cavity.
- Indicate the direction of the BRIDGE and the NECK so we can orient the pickup selector properly.
- Show the output jack location. We will pre-wire the output jack for you if you show this.
- Print the 1:1 scale circuit board drawing from the PDF link: STEALTH PRO CIRCUIT BOARD You will use this drawing to determine if it will fit into your cavity without routing.
- Cut out the printed circuit board outline.
- Lay it in your cavity to determine where the board will actually be placed. Orient the board so that the 8-pin connector is near the pickup selector switch. This most important step makes critical guitar signal wires as short as possible,
which minimizes signal distortion or even oscillation.
- We will glue your drawing to a piece of stiff cardboard to make a CAVITY DUPLICATE. CAVITY DUPLICATE
- Then, using this info, we will create a complete SEMI-INSTALL with volume/tone controls, Sustainiac controls, and pickup selector. We will keep a small amount of
extra slack in the wiring to allow for small errors in measurement. COMPLETED SEMI-INSTALLATION This picture shows a $75.00 semi-installation.
LINKS TO THE MAIN PAGES ON THE SITE
These same links are provided at the bottom of each page.
SUSTAINIAC STEALTH PRO
STEALTH PRO INSTALLATION PAGE Contains drawings and detailed installation info that you need to know to install the PRO into your guitar
SUSTAINIAC CONTROLS Describes the different control options
Organize your order for the STEALTH PRO Helps you to organize the things you need to know before you order
Sustainiac SUSTAIN-MAN electroacoustic sustainer Sustainiac SUSTAIN-MAN electroacoustic sustainer. No installation required
ABOUT FEEDBACK SUSTAIN what it is, why it is good
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions, WHO USES SUSTAINIAC, etc.
SUSTAINIACâ SOUND SAMPLES
PERFORMING/PLAYING with the SUSTAINIACâ
JACKSON DK-2S, production guitar with Stealth PRO installed
GA-1-2, Our original 1988 Sustainiacs, in Hamer and ASI guitars, now OBSOLETE
SUSTAINIACâ STEALTH PLUS ELECTROMAGNETIC SUSTAINER INSTALLATION INFO Obsolete model. This page contains printable installation drawings, installation manual, etc. for people who have this model,
and who might want to transfer it to another guitar, have bought it used, etc.
EMAIL ORDER FORM Copy and paste this page into an email addressed to us.
Sustainiacâ products are
MADE IN THE USA
Sustainiacâ is a registered trademark of Maniac Music, Inc.
3937 Cranbrook Drive, Indianapolis Indiana, 46240 USA; PHONE: 317-340-1161